TechAwards is a reader-supported website. Purchases made through links may earn a commission.
Working out from home has become more important than ever these days, as people avoid large gathering, like the gym. Fortunately, there are a lot of great high-tech options that can make the home workout experience a lot more fun than it used to be.
One of these tech-based solutions is the Fyt Duo App, from the folks at Find Your Trainer.
In this Fyt Duo review, we’ll tell you exactly how this app works, and cover all of the key details you need to know to make an informed decision about whether or not you should buy this app.
We’ve put FYT Duo to the test, is it a must-buy? Read our full review to find out…
What is Fyt Duo?
- 1 What is Fyt Duo?
- 2 How Does it Work?
- 3 Pros & Cons
- 4 Are The Fyt Personal Trainers Certified?
- 5 Do You Need a Gym Membership to Use Fyt?
- 6 Do You Need Equipment?
- 7 When Do Your Workouts Start?
- 8 What Devices Does it Work With?
- 9 Real Customer Testimonials: Postive + Complaints
- 10 Price: How Much Does Fyt Duo Cost?
- 11 Review Summary: Is This the Right Personal Training App for You?
FYT Duo is an app that connects you with your very own personal trainer, who will work with you to develop the perfect plan to reach your health and fitness goals. With their new Duo app, you never have to meet the trainer in person – all of your consults and conversations take place via the Fyt Duo app, which is a valuable service for many people these days.
How Does it Work?
- Download the App
- Meet your Trainer
- Discuss Your Goals, Injury History, Workout Style, Etc.
- Your Trainer Will then Develop a Personalized Plan Tailored to Your Unique Needs and Goals
- Stay on Track and Stay Motivated with 24/7 Access to Your Trainer
- They’ll Continue to Check in and Stay in Touch with Advice, Feedback, and Coaching
Think FYT Duo sounds like it could be a good fit? Learn more at their website:
Pros & Cons
While we’d say that having access to your own personal trainer at the push of a button is only a good thing, there could be some potential pros and cons for you to consider. Here are a few that we’ve identified:
- Workout from anywhere, on your terms, and on your schedule
- No longer need to go to a gym or fitness studio to work one-on-one with a personal trainer
- Unlimited , 24/7 access to your personal trainer
- Syncs with popular fitness trackers
- Get a fully customized workout plan built around your needs and goals
- Stay motivated and on track with personal tips and messages from your trainer
- Individualized video and audio coaching
- No gym membership or fitness equipment required
- 2 week free trial (get details here)
- Price: The monthly fee can be quite expensive for some
- Requires real work to reach your goals
- Small financial equipment required
- Requires smartphone, tablet with data plan or internet access
Are The Fyt Personal Trainers Certified?
When you sign on with Fyt, you can expect to be one of the best personal trainers in the business. All of their trainers are NCCA accredited, and are experienced in helping people reach their fitness and health goals.
They’ve worked a with a wide variety of clientele, including people who are brand new to fitness, all the way to professional athletes and celebrities. That means, they should be able to help you, no matter your fitness level or goals.
Do You Need a Gym Membership to Use Fyt?
No, you do not need a gym membership to use Fyt, which makes it an extremely valuable service these days. Your trainer will develop a plan for you that you can do from the comfort of your own home, or a gym if that’s your preference. You’re in control of how and where you want to workout, and your trainer will respect that.
Do You Need Equipment?
Equipment isn’t required, but can be helpful depending on your workout preferences. There are plenty of bodyweight workouts, and things like running or biking can be done outdoors, so if you prefer a no frills workout outside, that is definitely an option.
Of course, if you’re fortunate enough to own your own rowing machine or spin bike, your personal trainer will be happy to build a plan for you that includes them as part of your fitness routine.
When Do Your Workouts Start?
After you complete your Fyt profile, your personal trainer will schedule a consult to get to know you and your fitness needs. After they’ve had time to build a customized plan just for you, you can expect to get your first workouts delivered to your app inbox within a few days.
What Devices Does it Work With?
To download the Fyt Duo app you will need an Apple or Android-based device. The app can be found the Apple and Google Play app stores. Simply access the app store from your favorite tablet or smartphone, and you’re ready to get started.
Real Customer Testimonials: Postive + Complaints
If you’re wondering what real customers have had to say about their Fyt Duo experience, there are plenty of verified reviews for you to read online. Fyt Duo has a 4.5 out of 5-star rating at the Apple App Store, with the majority of customers leaving 5-star feedback.
Here’s what a few customers had to say about their Fyt purchase:
This customer found that Fyt helped them to finally with the program:
I have never stuck to a exercise routine… ever. Until now! I have tried every group exercise class you could imagine but I always lost interest and never saw the results I wanted. Fyt Duo has changed my life by putting my personal trainer in my pocket. My trainer keeps me motivated with daily feedback and he even programs me new workouts every week to make sure I keep progressing toward my goals. I feel stronger, more fit and more motivated to workout. Thanks Fyt Duo!
This reviewer was impressed with the level of personalization Fyt Duo provides:
Love this app!!! I get customized workouts from a professional trainer so conveniently at home. My gym is still closed now, and this has been a life-saver. I’m developing a close relationship with my trainer, who keeps me motivated & has been a lifeline to stay on top of my workouts during these times!
This reviewer found a lot of benefits from working one-on-one with a personal trainer:
I had a video chat consultation with my trainer to start. She took a lot of time getting to know me, my history, goals and what types of exercises I enjoy. She’s customized my training plan for my goals, schedule and equipment. She monitors my performance and makes adjustments as needed. We’re communicating almost daily. She’s my rock and my guide through this journey!
While there was a single 1-star review recorded for Fyt Duo on the Apple App Store, that reviewer didn’t write any feedback, so we weren’t able to verify what their complaint was. Overall, it’s safe to say the majority of customers who have taken the time to leave a review, have been happy with their purchase.
Price: How Much Does Fyt Duo Cost?
At the time of this writing, Fyt Duo was offering a free 2-week trial to get you started. After your trial period expires, you will be billed $129 per month for continued access to your one-on-one personal trainer and coaching program. That pencils out to about $5 per day. These prices may change at any time – see the most up-to-date Fyt pricing at their website.
Review Summary: Is This the Right Personal Training App for You?
Fyt Duo is an amazing app, that gives you one-on-one access to your very own personal trainer. They will work with you to develop a personalized coaching and workout plan, so that you can reach your fitness and health goals together.
With Fyt Duo, you don’t need a gym membership, or even any equipment. Just the motivation and guidance from your Fyt coach, and you will be on your way to smashing your goals.
You should try Fyt Duo if…
- You want to be able to work with a personal trainer virtually
- You want to be able to workout from anywhere – home, office, on the road, or even at the gym
- You want a personalized plan that will help you reach your goals fast
- You would benefit from one-on-one coaching from a certified trainer
- You want to try it for free for 14-days